Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

Max Factor Excess Volume Mascara

I'm always on the look out for a good mascara..what girl isn't! I've purchased the occasional £20 plus one and haven't found one yet that I prefer to, well , cheaper ones! 
Max Factor Excess Volume is a two step mascara, hence having two brushes.


 Step one gives a volumising base and step two gives a jet black finish.
Typically I don't like to use more than two coats of mascara. However for this mascara,  according to the Max Factor website you should apply 3 coats using the step one brush and 2 coats with the step 2 brush, while your lashes are still tacky. I have to say, I really noticed a difference in doing this to doing one or two coats.

So..pros..
It lasted all day without needing to reapply.
It definitely volumised my lashes!

Cons..
It is quite bulky so it isn't ideal for travel but in saying that you shouldn't need to reapply during the day.
I don't like the size of the brushes. I can be a tad clumsy with mascaras at times and it doesn't help when the brush is big. Just a personal preference!
On occasion my eyelashes have clumped together when applying this.
I wouldn't say step two made much of a difference to step one.
On the whole I liked this mascara, despite the number of cons! Volume is what I look for in a mascara as I already have quite long lashes and it really gave them great volume!
 
With one coat of each step.
Natural close up....no makeup..scary!
The recommended number of coats.
 It's £9.99 in Boots at the moment then goes up to £12.99 late February.

Has anyone else purchased this? What did you think? Can anyone recommend any good volumising mascaras?

Thanks for reading!

BNTBlogger x x





5 comments:

  1. Your eyelashes are amazing, so long... Jealous! Great blog just followed!

    Hannah :) x

    Love, Life, and Makeup Blog/Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing lashes. If that's all down to the mascara I'm going to be outside Boots first thing waiting for them to open =D x
    http://shaziam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is super long lashes! it looks great on you though, we don't have maxfactor here but i do have one of their other mascaras i grabbed in the uk to try!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and it is not really bad :) But the brushes are too big for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT!? Your eyelashes are SO LONG! Really want to try this now - loving your blog, Caz :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...